Working with Difficult People: How to Work with Aggressive People
Individuals who want to develop or refresh their communications skills when working with difficult people
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Aggressive people are arguably the most difficult type of people to work with. Hostile-aggressives are openly pushy and can easily intimidate people; passive-aggressives work behind the scenes with hidden agendas. No matter which type of aggressive behavior you have to deal with, aggressive co-workers can easily ruin your day or ruin a project with their behavior. In order to limit the negative impact aggressive people can have, you need a set of tools and techniques at your disposal suited to the particular type of aggressive person you may be dealing with.
This course will review the more common behaviors of hostile-aggressive and passive-aggressive people and provide some effective strategies you can use in coping with an aggressor’s behavior.
- determine which aspects of handling hostile-aggressive behavior were dealt with appropriately in a given scenario
- recognize examples of hostile-aggressive behavior
- determine which aspects of handling passive-aggressive behavior were dealt with appropriately in a given scenario
- recognize examples of passive-aggressive behavior
- apply strategies for dealing with a hostile-aggressive person in a workplace scenario