XML Language Basics
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
XML (Extensible Markup Language) is a language used primarily for the management, display, and organization of data. XML consists of tags used to define elements and is derived from SGML or Standard Generalized Markup Language for use on the web. This course discusses the basics of creating documents in XML. It also covers how to use Document Type Definitions (DTDs) to define the structure of the document, as well as its newer alternative, an XML schema.
- describe an XML hierarchy
- create a basic XML document
- fix errors in a simple XML document
Fundamentals of XML
- recognize how to create a basic XML DTD
- recognize how to create an XML schema
- create an XML schema to meet a given set of requirements