Your Role as an Organizational Change Agent
Project Management Professional (PMP)-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Please contact us for information about prerequisites.
Much of the success of your project ultimately hinges on the end product being adopted by the organization. Adoption requires change, and changing organizational behavior can be difficult In this short course, you will learn about organizational change and the role of project manager as change agent, which will help improve your ability to effect change and lead projects to success.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
1. What is Change
- Why Change
- Challenges of Change
2. Diffusion of Innovations
- Rogers’ Diffusion of Innovations
- Innovation Decision Process
- Characteristics of an Innovation
- Adopter Categories
- Social Systems
- Who Influences Social Systems
- Project Manager is a Change Agent
3. Practical Approaches to Creating Change
- Develop a Need for Organizational Change
- Establish an Information-Exchange Relationship
- Diagnose Problems
- Create a Need to Change in the Individual
- Translate the Need to Change into Action
- Stabilize Adoption and Prevent Discontinuance
- Achieve Terminal Relationship (Exit Strategy)