Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
In this course, you will learn about the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. You will also learn about security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). This course enables you to perform basic tasks to secure a network using Cisco IOS security features, which are available through web-based GUIs on the Cisco ASA, and the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches.
Site-to-site virtual private network (VPN) configuration is covered on both the Cisco IOS and the Cisco ASA. Modern malware examples are included in this course as are cryptographic techniques using stronger hashing and encryption algorithms. Current versions of Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, and Cisco AnyConnect are featured.
- Length: 5 day
- Format: Lecture and Lab
- Delivery Method: Virtual / Onsite
- Max. Capacity: 16
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
Who Should Attend:
- Network designers, Network, systems, and security engineers, Network and security managers
- Common network security concepts
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization, and accounting services
- Deploy basic firewalling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security • Configure routers with Cisco IOS software security features, including management and reporting functions
- Bootstrap the Cisco ASA Firewall for use in a production network
- Configure the Cisco ASA Firewall for remote access to a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN • Configure a Cisco IOS zone-based firewall (ZBF) to perform basic security operations on a network
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- Configure security features on IOS switches to mitigate various Layer 2 and Layer 3 attacks
- How a network can be compromised using freely available tools
- Implement line passwords, and enable passwords and secrets
- Examine authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) concepts and features using the local database as well as Cisco Secure ACS 5.2
- Configure packet filtering on the perimeter router
SIGN UP FOR A SECURITY PASSPORT
- Lab 1: Exploring Cryptographic Technologies
- Lab 2: Configure and Verify AAA
- Lab 3: Configuration Management Protocols
- Lab 4: Securing Routing Protocols
- Lab 5: VLAN Security and ACLs on Switches
- Lab 6: Port Security and Private VLAN Edge
- Lab 7: Securing DHCP, ARP, and STP
- Lab 8: Explore Firewall Technologies
- Lab 9: Cisco ASA Interfaces and NAT
- Lab 10: Access Control Using the Cisco ASA
- Lab 11: Exploring Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall
- Lab 12: Explore IPsec Technologies
- Lab 13: IOS-Based Site-to-Site VPN Lab 1: ASA-Based Site-to-Site VPN
- Lab 14: Remote Access VPN: ASA and AnyConnect
- Lab 15: Clientless Remote Access VPN
- Lab 16: Configure AAA and Secure Remote Administration
- Lab 17: Configure Secure Network Management Protocols
- Lab 18: Configure Secure EIGRP Routing
- Lab 19: Configure Secure Layer 2 Infrastructure
- Lab 20: Configure DHCP Snooping and STP Protection
- Lab 21: Configure Interfaces and NAT on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 22: Configure Network Access Control with the Cisco ASA
- Lab 23: Configure Site-to-Site VPN on IOS
- Lab 24: Configure AnyConnect Remote Access VPN on ASA
- Lab 25: Configure Clientless SSL VPN on the ASA
Test Drive A Passport Course
Discover for yourself, our technical training is world class. See how our instructors engage students and disseminate our course curriculum in a fun, informative way.
EXPERIENCE A NEW WAY TO TRAIN
Passport is personally tailored training. It’s the only vendor accredited solution with the role-specific training required to operate Security platforms, delivered by a Cisco Global Learning Partner of the year. Live courses are guaranteed to run and taught by world-class Firefly instructors who blend formal learning and real-world business scenarios to ensure you hit the ground running.
Our 1st Class courses are all vendor accredited and support only the best attributes of each field of work.
Virtual application of core concepts ensures staff feels confident implementing what they learn.
Plan your training around the deployment of your technology or corporate events and project plans.
As a Cisco Learning partner our training is authorized to accept Cisco Learning credits.
1st Class Instructors
Firefly instructors bring expertise in the technologies they teach and real-world business scenarios.
Degreed Learning Platform
Collaborate or interact with instructors and other like-minded professionals and access the library of expert articles and videos.
Job Role Content & Events
Training designed to accelerate the adoption of technology by technical communities, globally and in over 16 local languages.
Test Drive Options
Drop into one of our many running courses. Check out how it works and the value we provide.
Personal Success Advisors
Our Success Advisors help you maximize the investment you make in Passport; keeping you, your staff and goals on track.
Firefly has integrated a comprehensive portfolio of Live Security training and self-paced classes that cove such technologies as next-generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), secure access systems, security analytics, and malware defense, web and email security, network security, and cloud security. With these subjects and more being added, your Security Passport is the best and only fully comprehensive training option. Get yours today!
- Vendor Accredited
- Live / On-Demand
- Use your CLCs
- Guaranteed to run
Learn About our Elite Instructors
Firefly’s elite instructors are amazing teachers with a passion to share their expertise with the world. They use enthusiasm, and expertise to communicate concepts and their educational abilities for their specific topic, makes them amongst the best in the industry. Get to know the elite tech and creative pros that instruct Passport courses.